Use the contact information below and call your City Commissioner. Use the sample script below.
Not sure which commissioner represents you? Find your city district at the website located here.
UPDATE: Thanks to a supporter, we now have the email addresses of the Mayor and Commissioners. Please email and ask them to reject a private prison deal for the city of McAllen.
- Mayor Jim Darling - email@example.com
- Commissioner District 1 Scott Crane - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commissioner District 2 Trey Pebley - Trey@mconst.com
- Commissioner District 3/Mayor Pro Tem Hilda Salinas - email@example.com
- Commissioner District 4/Mayor Pro Tem Aida Ramirez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commissioner District 5 John Ingram email@example.com
- Commissioner District 6 Veronica Vela Whitacre - firstname.lastname@example.org
As a McAllen resident, I oppose the construction of a private prison in our city. This project would:
- undermine our city’s image as a forward-thinking and welcoming community;
- would cost taxpayers; and
- force our city to contract with private prison companies with track records of incompetence, economic failure, creation of exclusively low wage jobs, and dramatically unsafe conditions in the facilities.
I ask the Commissioner to please oppose this project. Thank you.